Volunteer Management - The Essentials
This 3 day course, split over 6 weeks, will give you everything you need to manage volunteers.
During the course you will be challenged to think beyond what’s needed for the traditional volunteer, gaining an understanding of today’s volunteers and what your organisation needs to have in place to give them a great experience. The sessions will cover preparing for involving volunteers, attracting the right volunteers and getting them started. We will also discuss supporting volunteers, managing challenging situations, reward and recognition and evaluating your volunteer programme.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain what volunteering is, why people do it and what they can do.
- Plan a recruitment process to get volunteers involved.
- Design an induction and support process to get volunteers started.
- Feel confident in dealing with challenging situations surrounding volunteers.
- Identify where you can recognise and reward your volunteers as well as identify opportunities for further development.
- Critically assess your policies and procedures that support volunteering.
- Drive forward volunteering in your area of work.
When will it run?
All training days begin at 10am and finish at 4.15pm and delivered in Stirling at Volunteer Scotland offices. (For directions to our office click here).
The total cost for this 3 day course, including lunch is:
- Organisations with an income of £100,000 or less per annum: £90 per person.
- Organisations with incomes between £100,000 and £500,000: £130 per person.
- Organisations with incomes over £500,000: £210 per person.
- Individuals not connected to an organisation cost: £90 per person.
Plus option to add a ILM Endorsed or Development certificate on completion:
- Development Programme: £52.
For more information on the ILM programme please read the ILM Handbook.
Complete the booking form
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking a place on this course.