Effective Leadership in Volunteering
Effective Leadership means adapting your leadership style to respond to the needs of the individual and the team. We’ll give you the tools to do just that.
What does this 2 day course cover?
Volunteer management relies on effective leadership to ensure volunteers feel engaged and supported within the organisation and to influence key stakeholders to gain support for volunteering at all levels. This practical leadership course offers you the chance to consider the current context for volunteering in Scotland, to reflect on your own leadership style, to share practice with volunteer managers from across Scotland, and to learn from the expertise and experience of your Volunteer Scotland trainer.
We aim to help you develop your knowledge, understanding and skills, so that you can develop your volunteer programme and your volunteers, giving them the best volunteer experience.
Our commitment to you is to provide you with the course, materials/resources, workbook, learning journal, guidance and continuous development support.
Your commitment to your learning is to commit to taking part in the course and allocating time to your continuous learning.
- Explain the current context for volunteering in Scotland and its impact for your organisation.
- Flex your leadership style to effectively direct and support individuals, teams and the task.
- Influence key stakeholders to ensure volunteering has support at all levels.
When will it run?
All training days begin at 10am and finish at 4pm and are delivered in Stirling at Volunteer Scotland offices. Download directions to our office here.
Our Face to face training has been postponed until further notice.
- Organisations with an income of £100,000 or less per annum: £98 per person.
- Organisations with incomes between £100,000 and £500,000: £138 per person.
- Organisations with incomes over £500,000: £218 per person.
- Individuals not connected to an organisation cost: £99 per person.
Complete the online booking form
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking a place on this course.