Developing Volunteer Practice (cancelled)
Redeveloped course, previously 'Volunteer Management - The Essentials'
The 3 day course split over 12 weeks will explore everything you need to know about involving volunteers.
You will be challenged to think beyond what’s needed and gain an understanding of today’s volunteers in Scotland and what your organisation needs to have in place to give them a great experience.
The sessions will cover planning for involving volunteers, attracting volunteers to your organisation and getting them started. We will also discuss how to make a difference through supporting volunteers, managing challenging situations, reward, recognition and evaluating your volunteer programme.
Your Three Month Learning Journey:
We aim to help you develop your knowledge, understanding and skills, so that you can develop your volunteer programme and your volunteers, giving them the best volunteer experience.
Our commitment to you is to provide you with the three day course, materials/resources, workbook, learning journal, guidance and continuous development support.
Your commitment to your learning is to commit to taking part in the three day course and allocating time between each day to complete your three actions from your learning journal.
- Explain the importance of building positive staff and volunteer relations.
- Recognise the impact that staff and volunteer relations can have on the development of volunteering in your organisation.
- Take steps towards managing staff and volunteer relations effectively for your organisation.
- Create a supportive environment that recognises both staff and volunteers.
When will it run?
All training days begin at 10am and finish at 4pm and are delivered in Stirling at Volunteer Scotland offices. Download directions to our office here.
Our Face to face training has been postponed until further notice.
- Organisations with an income of £100,000 or less per annum: £98 per person.
- Organisations with incomes between £100,000 and £500,000: £138 per person.
- Organisations with incomes over £500,000: £218 per person.
- Individuals not connected to an organisation cost: £98 per person.
Complete the online booking form
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking a place on this course.