Volunteer Management – The Essentials Online Course
The course will explore everything you need to know about involving volunteers and you don’t need to leave your desk!
Over the course of five weeks, with one session a week, you look at preparing for involving volunteers, attracting the right volunteers and getting them started. We will also discuss supporting volunteers, managing challenging situations, reward and recognition and evaluating your volunteer programme.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain what volunteering is, why people do it and what they can do.
- Plan a recruitment process to get volunteers involved.
- Design an induction and support process to get volunteers started.
- Feel confident in dealing with challenging situations surrounding volunteers.
- Identify where you can recognise and reward your volunteers as well as identify opportunities for further development.
- Critically assess your policies and procedures that support volunteering.
- Drive forward volunteering in your area of work.
Download the technical specifications to receive this course.
When will it run?
All online training sessions are delivered via 5 two hour sessions split over 5 weeks.
Why choose an online course?
- No need to spend time and money travelling.
- Short session times mean you don’t need to take too much time out of your day.
- You can interact with the trainer and other participants in a variety of ways.
- There will be time between courses to implement and reflect on practice.
- You will make new contacts.
- You will have access to resources after the sessions.
The total cost for this 5 sessions online course:
- Organisations with an income of £100,000 or less per annum: £60 per person.
- Organisations with incomes between £100,000 and £500,000: £100 per person.
- Organisations with incomes over £500,000: £180 per person.
- Individuals not connected to an organisation cost: £60 per person.
Plus option to add a ILM Endorsed or Development certificate on completion:
- Development Programme: £52.
For more information on the ILM programme please read the ILM Handbook.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking a place on this course.