Effective Leadership in Volunteering
Effective Leadership means adapting your leadership style to respond to the needs of the individual and the team. We’ll give you the tools to do just that.
What does this 2 day course cover?
Volunteer management relies on effective leadership to ensure volunteers feel engaged and supported within the organisation and to influence key stakeholders to gain support for volunteering at all levels. This practical leadership course offers you the chance to consider the current context for volunteering in Scotland, to reflect on your own leadership style, to share practice with volunteer managers from across Scotland, and to learn from the expertise and experience of your Volunteer Scotland trainer.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain the current context for volunteering in Scotland and its impact for your organisation.
- Flex your leadership style to effectively direct and support individuals, teams and the task.
- Influence key stakeholders to ensure volunteering has support at all levels.
When will it run?
All training days begin at 10am and finish at 4.15pm and delivered in Stirling at Volunteer Scotland offices. (For directions to our office click here).
- 21st & 22nd May 2019
- 13th & 14th November 2019
The total cost for this 2 day course including lunch is:
- Organisations with an income of £100,000 or less per annum: £90 per person.
- Organisations with incomes between £100,000 and £500,000: £130 per person.
- Organisations with incomes over £500,000: £210 per person.
- Individuals not connected to an organisation cost: £90 per person.
Plus option to add ILM Endorsed or Development certificate on completion:
- Development Programme: £52.
For more information on the ILM programme please read the ILM Handbook.
Complete the booking form
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking a place on this course.