Covid-19: Mutual Aid volunteering in Scotland
Volunteer Scotland has brought together evidence on mutual aid in Scotland to examine:
- The number of mutual aid groups and the number of volunteers involved
- The types of activities undertaken by mutual aid groups
- Some examples of mutual aid groups and what their ‘offer’ is
- The benefits of mutual aid, but also the perceived risks
- The challenges and opportunities which mutual aid has created
The presentation concludes by making the case for an integrated approach between formal volunteering, mutual aid and informal volunteering; one which can deliver a long-term positive impact from COVID-19.