What you need to know
Disclosure Services is funded by the Scottish Government to support the voluntary sector with processing disclosure checks
We'll help you get started, process your forms and provide advice, guidance and training. All of this support is free but some disclosure checks must be paid for.
Who can enrol?
Organisations can only access disclosure records (standard, enhanced or PVG scheme) through a "registered body". Volunteer Scotland Disclosure Services is such a body.
- be a voluntary sector organisation;
- be involved with work which meets the requirements for disclosure checking;
- appoint a 'lead person';
- agree to abide by the Code of Practice published by Disclosure Scotland;
- have a written policy on handling disclosure information, which we will provide for you.
- work with us to make sure that all the processes are in place.
We'll support you to make sure that all of this is made clear and simple.
If you feel that your organisation can't meet all the requirements you might be able get support from a larger organisation known as an 'intermediary body'. Get in touch to discuss this with our Enrolment Team and they will be able to help you.
What's the process?
- Contact us to arrange an appointment to complete the Enrolment form over the phone.
- Enrolment form completed over the phone, on the agreed date, and pack sent out.
- All required documents sent back to us.
- Enrolment process complete, PVG forms and guidance sent out.
View and download our Enrolment Guidance Pack for a little more information on enrolling.
Enrolment Guidance Pack
Once you are enrolled with us stay informed of the latest changes and help us to process your forms more efficiently by keeping up with our Disclosure Latest Blog and newsletters.
Did you know:
- It takes on average 16 days longer to process an application if there is an error.
- We find errors on 40% of the forms we receive, that's 5,000 errors over the last 7 months. Signatories, please help us to reduce error rates and speed up the processing of forms.
What you can do:
- Encourage those applying for disclosure checks to review the information for individuals
- Check forms before they are sent on
- Come to our free training