Scotland Works for You
20 May 2020
Scotland Works for You is the name of the collaborative group initiated in early 2017 with the aim of securing opportunities for people with convictions.
The initiative aims to reduce both the stigma of having a conviction and the barriers to integration, through employment and education for individuals with convictions.
'Scotland Works for You' consists of representatives from Disclosure Scotland, Who Cares? Scotland, the Centre for Youth and Criminal Justice at the University of Strathclyde, Positive Prisons? Positive Futures, Celtic Football Club, Reed Global, Police Scotland, the Care Inspectorate and Volunteer Scotland.
VSDS will be hosting 2 online sessions in June to support organisations who may find this of benefit.
The session aims to support groups to:
- Challenge their values and beliefs about people who have an offending background
- Reassess their views on recruiting individuals who have an offending background
- Raise awareness of perceptions that exist about people with an offending background
- Understand the how Disclosure Information can be used when assessing risk in recruitment
By the end of the session groups will be able to:
- Understand how stereotyping can impact behaviours
- Demonstrate an understanding of risk assessing conviction information.
- 13th August: 09:45am - 12:45pm
- 8th September: 12:45pm - 03.45pm
If you are interested?