Scotland Works For You
2 July 2021
Supporting Employers to Consider Conviction Information Fairly.
Disclosure Scotland, as part of the Scotland Works for You alliance group, currently deliver training to organisations which is designed to support employers to consider their approach to fair recruitment processes for people with convictions.
Join the online session:
August 25th, 10am -12pm
The training consists of group discussions and exercises that are aimed at supporting delegates to:
- challenge their values and beliefs about people who have an offending background
- reassess their views on recruiting individuals who have an offending background
- raise awareness of perceptions that exist about people with an offending background
- Understand the how Disclosure Information can be used when assessing risk in recruitment
So that by the end of the event delegates will be able to:
- Understand how stereotyping can impact behaviours
- Demonstrate an understanding of risk assessing conviction information
Be aware of Proximity, Central Concerns and Desistance and show an understanding of how these can be used when recruiting.