2018 in numbers
12 March 2019
Below is a snapshot of some facts and figures from 2018 in Volunteers Scotland Disclosure Services
- 35.87% of applicants were male, 64.13% of applicants were female
- The average age of an individual accessing a disclosure is 41.
- 2584 different groups submitted, not including secondary groups who did submit, over 60000 applications.
- The organisation that submitted the most applications without any of their forms having to be returned sent in 65 applications.
- If you submit a form with an error that has to be returned to you then this will on average add an additional 14 working days until you receive your certificate.
- The top 2 errors in 2018 were:
- Section C1 and C2 on both forms.
- Incorrect PVG membership numbers being entered in B1 on the existing member form.
- The error rate has dropped to around 10% of applications, this is a downward trend – lets hope it continues. Remember to call our operations team if you have any questions about which part of the form to complete or indeed which form to use.
- We sent out over 57000 certificates in 2018.