If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed looking through hundreds of opportunities these tips should help.
Filter your search by
- availability– return opportunities that take place at a particular time e.g. Saturday mornings, Tuesday evenings
- client groups– the kinds of organisation you’d like to volunteer with for example environmental, criminal justice or children
- work types - the kinds of things you’d be interested in doing as a volunteer e.g. fundraising or befriending
- organisations – filter those organisations you might want to volunteer with e.g. Childline, Barnardo’s, NHS. Remember there are thousands of small, grassroots organisations doing interesting and worthwhile work too.
- services– this allows you to search for opportunities that offer tasters sessions, wheelchair access or that offer childcare
- age groups– search for opportunities aimed at a particular age group
Save your search
...and keep track of any volunteering opportunities that interest you, through My Account