The Edinburgh Marathon Festival with Alzheimer Scotland
23 May 2020
When We Need You
23/05/2020 - 24/05/2020
About The Edinburgh Marathon Festival with Alzheimer Scotland
Join #TeamAlzScot and join our events volunteer team this May.
The Edinburgh Marathon Festival is one of Scotland’s largest and most atmospheric running events. This year it takes place on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th May in Edinburgh and Musselburgh. Alzheimer Scotland is one of EMF's Premier Affiliated Charities and we want you to join us for this great weekend!
Alzheimer Scotland are recruiting event volunteers to join us at the Edinburgh Marathon Festival and make this year’s event a huge success for the charity.
Event volunteering with Alzheimer Scotland is rewarding experience and plays a huge role for our fundraisers who have trained hard and raised funds for Alzheimer Scotland. The atmosphere among staff and volunteers is great and you'll get the chance to meet other volunteers and people with a similar passion for supporting charities.
We can be flexible to accommodate your availability, so whether you can volunteer for one day or two, a few hours or a whole day; we’d love to hear from you.
Some of the roles you could be involved in are:
- Joining our cheer squad to cheer on our amazing runners as they cross the finish line
- Helping to set up our event areas and charity village
- Serving snacks and refreshments to runners and their families
- Welcoming and thanking our runners as they enter the charity village
- Collecting donations at our charity village
- Coordinating registration of our post-run massages
- We also have an opportunity to represent Alzheimer Scotland as our mascot ‘Buddy’!
About Alzheimer Scotland
Alzheimer Scotland is the leading dementia organisation in Scotland. We campaign for the rights of people with dementia and their families and provide an extensive range of innovative and personalised support services.
I want to volunteer
This button opens as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org