Paisley Halloween Festival 2022
27 October 2022
When We Need You
27/10/2022 - 29/10/2022
About Paisley Halloween Festival 2022
Grab your cape and gather your superpowers for a thrilling Halloween experience like no other in Paisley’s historic town centre on Thursday 27 – Saturday 29 October.
Paisley Halloween Festival, one of the biggest and best, free Halloween events in the UK, will be back for three nights of electrifying live performances and spine-chilling installations all inspired by eminent heroes, myths and legends.
Between 6pm and 9pm each night, the streets around Paisley Abbey will come alive with creeping spiders, other-worldly beings, a fire-breathing dragon and flying caped crusaders; all engaged in an exhilarating battle of good versus evil.
Part of Scotland’s Year of Stories, supported by EventScotland’s National Events Programme, this year’s spooktacular promises street performances, aerial acrobatics, stunning bespoke installations and frightfully good fun for all the family.
Paisley Halloween Festival Event Volunteer
This year Paisley Halloween Festival needs a number of heroes to help the events team to deliver one of the biggest and brightest local events.
Examples of tasks undertaken as the Halloween Event Volunteer:
- Installation Welcoming Host: Welcome and invite event visitors to view the installations, take pictures with the installations and provide a brief description on the installation/artwork.
- Superhero Workshop Assistant: Assist workshop lead with workshop activities, resetting and cleaning workshop area before, after and in-between the workshops.
- Festival Point of Contact: Act as a point of contacts to the event visitors. Main duties will be to assist event visitors with event information and site directions. Other duties will include, help distribute event programmes, welcome and guide event guests, assist event staff on the day with other minor tasks.
Apply to be an event volunteer here
Paisley Halloween Festival Digital Media and Photography Volunteer
Halloween team is looking for digital media and photography volunteers to capture and showcase creative workshops delivered to the local community, leading up to the Paisley Halloween Festival.
Halloween Digital Media and Photography Volunteer brief:
- The Digital Media, Photography Volunteer would be expected to have a creative approach to capture high-definition images, participation and outcomes at the creative workshops.
- The Digital Media, Photography Volunteer will be expected to liaison with the Council Events Team and Events Volunteer Coordinator throughout; Images captured during the workshops will be reviewed and signed off by the Council’s Events Team.
- This is a great opportunity for volunteers to build on their portfolio. Photography might be presented to the public on various social media platforms and council channels.
- All images posted will be credited to the Photography Volunteer.
Apply to be a digital media and photography volunteer here
About Events Team - Renfrewshire Council
Renfrewshire is host to much-loved events that capture imagination, examine issues important to society, and attract visitors across Scotland. The backdrop to Renfrewshire events is stunning natural and built heritage, providing a unique stage and showcasing Renfrewshire’s destination potential well beyond a local audience.
Our vision at Renfrewshire council is to deliver high-quality events through socially-engaged practice, delivering positive and memorable experiences for residents and visitors, contributing positively to the local economy, reinforcing the council’s values and positioning Renfrewshire as a great place to visit, work and learn.
Highlights of the current programme include the Paisley Halloween Festival, Paisley Food and Drink Festival, and the annual Spree festival, as well as old favourites such as Sma' Shot Day and the annual Christmas Lights Switch-ons throughout the area.