Capital Sci-Fi Con 2019
15 February 2019
When We Need You
15/02/2019 - 17/02/2019
About Capital Sci-Fi Con 2019
Capital Sci-Fi Con, is Scotland’s ONLY not for profit convention that brings the world of pop culture, movies and comics to life in the heart of Edinburgh. Over the last three years, the event has raised over £187,000 for CHAS.
The three day extravaganza features everything from prop displays to movie guests, gaming to interactive zones and live entertainment.
- The Raffle - Working in pairs you will sell tickets for the CHAS Raffle. We always have a variety of hampers on offer ranging from Star Wars to My Little Pony to Marvel. All the hampers are worth £40 or more. The raffle is drawn daily and is very popular.
- Auction spotting - We auction higher value items over the convention and require auction spotters to draw attention to bidders, collecting payment information or money from supporters and distributing the prizes.
- Geeky T-shirt Day - In March 2019 we are having a Geeky t-shirt day. We are encouraging the people of Scotland to proudly unleash their inner geek and wear their favourite geeky t-shirt with pride. This is all about raising money for CHAS and people only have to donate £2 to take part. Volunteers will be give out flyers about Geeky t-shirt day at the Convention, promoting it to everyone.
- Marshalling - We are aiming to increase the number of visitors from last year’s 8,000. We need marshals to help with queue and room management and enquiries ensuring the event runs smoothly.
- Props and Displays - Volunteers are required to look after the huge amount of props and displays at the convention, helping visitors look around and take photos as well as collecting donations.
- Cloakroom - Volunteers are required to look after the very busy cloakroom.
- Programme Selling - Volunteers are required to sell programmes to convention goers.
About Children's Hospices Across Scotland
We’re Children’s Hospices Across Scotland. But most people know us as CHAS. For over twenty years we’ve been offering a full family support service for babies, children and young people with life-shortening conditions. This includes palliative care, family respite and support – through our hospices, homecare services and hospital presence.
I want to volunteer
This button opens as an email