External Complaints Procedure
It is our policy to address any complaints received regarding services we provide, members of staff or the administration of Volunteer Scotland, efficiently and in a timely manner.
We aim to provide consistently high levels of service to all users and believe in treating every customer as an individual. You can expect that in dealing with Volunteer Scotland that:
- You will be treated with respect and courtesy
- Your enquiry will be dealt with promptly and efficiently
- You will have full access to the advice and guidance you require
- Should you be dissatisfied with the service you experience, this will be addressed
in order to maintain our commitment to all service users.
We recognise that from time-to-time service users may be dissatisfied with the service they have experienced. Your feedback and comments are important to us and we will always try to address your concerns directly with you.
Should you feel that the matter necessitates a written complaint, or we have not resolved your issue without the need for a written complaint then the procedures outlined will be followed:
- You should complete our external complaints form (Appendix I) outlining the nature of your complaint.
- This should be addressed to the HR Manager in the first instance. This will be logged, and the appropriate manager notified who will work with the HR Manager to try to resolve the matter. Your complaint will normally be acknowledged within 5 working days of receipt however, we may seek further information from you at this stage regarding the circumstances of the event
- We will normally respond to you within 15 working days. However, where it is not possible to do this, we will advise you of progress and when a response is likely.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you will have the right of appeal to the Chief Executive who will consider all facts. The outcome of the appeal will normally be communicated to you within 15 working days. Where this is not possible, we will advise you of progress and when the outcome of your appeal is likely.
Specific complaints not covered by procedure above
A. If your complaint is regarding the handling or dealing with specific confidential disclosure information relating to the Protection of Children and vulnerable adults then this should be dealt with by the sub process which we have in place for our Disclosure Services. Please contact the office on 01786 479593 to discuss with the Disclosure Services Manager.
B. In the event that your complaint is regarding the HR Manager, please address your complaint to the Chief Executive Officer.
C. In the event that your complaint is with our Chief Executive Officer, please address to the Chair of the Board of Volunteer Scotland who will personally investigate all substantive facts and make a decision on what action to take.
D. Where the complaint is made against a Trustee of Volunteer Scotland then this should be made to the Chair and the process as covered by the Trustee Handbook will be followed. Where the complaint is against the Chair then the same process will be followed with the complaint being addressed to our Vice Chair.
Further Questions or Guidance
If you have any questions or require any assistance with this procedure, please contact the HR Manager (Tel 01786 479593)
Date of implementation: August 2014
Date of review: November 2022
Date of next review: November 2024
External Complaints Form
Please download the External Complaints Form (Word Document) via the button below and return to Katrina Imrie, HR Manager. Contact details provided on the form.