Our Work, Activities and Roles
We believe that volunteering should be an enjoyable, rewarding and fulfilling experience for every volunteer
Our mission is for 'more people volunteering: enjoyably, safely and regularly'. Our wide-ranging activities support the following outcomes:
- Inclusive volunteering: There are diverse, quality, and inclusive opportunities for everyone to get involved.
- Recognition and celebration: There is an environment and culture which celebrates volunteers and volunteering and all of its benefits.
- Community development: The places and spaces where we volunteer are developed, supported, and sustained.
- Policy impact: Volunteering in all of its forms is integrated and recognised in our lives and through local and national policy.
- Lifelong engagement: Volunteering participation is valued, supported, and enabled from the earliest possible age and throughout life.
We provide 5 key roles in relation to volunteer development:
- Voice and advocacy
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Experience and Standards
- Evidence and Knowledge Exchange
Find out more about Our Work