Would you like your 'Volunteer Story' featured in The National?
30 January 2019
The National have started a regular feature called “Why I Volunteer” and they want to hear from your volunteers.
This feature will include stories from volunteers detailing their roles and experiences from their time volunteering with Scottish charities and organisations. The aim is to raise awareness of all the brilliant voluntary work being carried out across the country, help raise the profile of smaller charities that may struggle with volunteer recruitment, and hopefully inspire some readers to volunteer.
Interested? The only requirements are:
- It needs to be 500 words in the first person (any extra words can be included in the online version of the story).
- At least one photo should be submitted (Ideally both a head-shot and an ‘action’ shot if possible)
Not sure where to start? Try answering these questions:
- What inspired to you take on this volunteering role?
- Have you volunteered previously?
- What do you get out of volunteering?
- What are the wider benefits of your voluntary work?
If you would like to submit a volunteer story or are looking for more info please contact Shona Craven via email: email@example.com