Volunteer Practice Training availability during Covid-19
8 April 2020
Volunteer Scotland is currently adhering to the advice provided by government and have updated the way we offer training at this time.
As previously communicated, all face-to-face Volunteer Practice Training has been cancelled until further notice. As an alternative, we have a range of online courses available.
- Online Learning: These 3 free courses will explore everything you need to know about involving, supporting and leading volunteers.
Find out more
Learning Bites Webinars June - October 2020
We have developed 10 online webinars covering topics from our 6 face to face training courses, these webinars will be live sessions delivered by one of Volunteer Scotland practice team, the webinars are for practitioners to come together to learn about good practice and share practice.
The webinars will last two hours and will be delivered online through zoom.
- Planning for Volunteering: This session will focus on resources to support a volunteer programme and look at what should be included in a volunteer policy.
- Developing a Volunteer Culture: This session will be focusing on your organisations volunteer culture and how aspects of culture might impact upon someone’s experience of volunteering.
- Developing Volunteer Roles: This session will be focusing on how to develop volunteer roles and how to create volunteer role descriptions.
- Developing Volunteer Strategy: This session will explain the purpose and benefits of a volunteering strategy.
- Volunteers Mental Wellbeing: The aim of this session is to raise the awareness of mental health and wellbeing within our volunteer programmes.
- Volunteer Induction: This session will be focusing on how to develop a positive volunteer induction.
- Managing Difficult Situations: This session will be focusing on how to manage volunteer difficult situations.
- Volunteer Change Management: This session will be focusing on change management and how this affects your volunteer programme.
- Supporting Volunteers: This session will be focusing on how to identify and apply the right support methods for the individual.
- Involving and matching volunteers to roles/tasks: This session will be focusing on how to involving and matching volunteers to roles/tasks.
- Action and Learning Group: Volunteer Scotland has created a group of volunteer practitioners from a wide range of organisations (operating locally and nationally) to share their experience and good practice, if you would like to attend one of these group sessions please.
If you are interested in booking onto one of our face-to-face Training Courses for a future date please click here for planned dates.