Volunteer Management - The Essentials
This 3 day course, split over 6 weeks, will give you everything you need to manage volunteers.
During the course you will be challenged to think beyond what’s needed for the traditional volunteer, gaining an understanding of today’s volunteers and what your organisation needs to have in place to give them a great experience. The sessions will cover preparing for involving volunteers, attracting the right volunteers and getting them started. We will also discuss supporting volunteers, managing challenging situations, reward and recognition and evaluating your volunteer programme.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain what volunteering is, why people do it and what they can do.
- Plan a recruitment process to get volunteers involved.
- Design an induction and support process to get volunteers started.
- Feel confident in dealing with challenging situations surrounding volunteers.
- Identify where you can recognise and reward your volunteers as well as identify opportunities for further development.
- Critically assess your policies and procedures that support volunteering.
- Drive forward volunteering in your area of work.
When will it run?
- Tuesday, 10.00 - 16.15: 6th February, 27th February & 27th March 2018 in Stirling
The total cost for this 3 day course including lunch is:
- Organisations with an income of £100,000 or less per annum: £90 per person.
- Organisations with incomes between £100,000 and £500,000: £130 per person.
- Organisations with incomes over £500,000: £210 per person.
Individuals not connected to an organisation cost: £90 per person.
Plus option to add a ILM Endorsed or Development certificate on completion:
- Development Programme: £49.
- Endorsed Programme: £69.
For more information on the ILM programme please read the ILM Handbook.
What do people think about the course?
Read some of our most recent attendees' testimonials about the course:
- You can get in touch with us if you want more information by completing our enquiry form on the right hand side of this page or calling 01786 479 593.
- If you are ready to book you can complete our Booking Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking a place on this course.
Want this training delivered in-house?
If you have five or more of your staff needing this type of training it may make more sense to have us come deliver it in-house for you. We can also tailor the course to suit your needs, providing sector specific examples where possible. For more information, check out our In-House Training page.
If you've attended this course please add your comments below: