Measuring the Impact of Volunteering
Measuring the impact of volunteering is important because it helps us understand the difference volunteers are making.
This course aims to answer the three questions we get asked whenever people start thinking about measuring the impact of volunteering; why should I measure the impact of volunteering, how exactly do I do it and what should I do with the information once I am finished?
We’ll answer them by looking at why we keep getting asked to measure the impact of volunteering as well as the underlying principles behind it. Then, using examples from across Scotland, we will outline what you can measure. Finally, we will then look at the evaluation process which will help you actually get started. Essentially, the course has been designed to be as practical as possible whilst giving you an overview of what measuring impact is all about.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Define exactly what measuring impact is and what it is not.
- Explain how measuring impact can improve your volunteering programme.
- Understand the evaluation process and how it enables you to measure impact.
When will it run?
- Wednesday 7th March 2018, 10.00 - 16.15 in Stirling.
The total cost for this 1 day course including lunch is:
- Organisations with an income of £100,000 or less per annum: £45 per person.
- Organisations with incomes between £100,000 and £500,000: £65 per person.
- Organisations with incomes over £500,000: £105 per person.
Individuals not connected to an organisation cost: £45 per person.
- You can get in touch with us if you want more information by completing our enquiry form on the right hand side of this page or calling 01786 479 593.
- If you are ready to book you can complete our Booking Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking a place on this course.
Want this training delivered in-house?
If you have five or more of your staff needing this type of training it may make more sense to have us come deliver it in-house for you. We can also tailor the course to suit your needs, providing sector specific examples where possible. For more information, check out our In-House Training page.
If you've attended this course please add your comments below: