Building Positive Staff and Volunteers Relations
We hope both volunteers and staff will have a good experience of volunteering, to ensure we support one another and work together to achieve our organisation’s goals.
This course gives you the chance to discuss with other volunteer managers the tensions that might arise between staff and volunteer teams, and to share experience of the practical steps to take to build positive staff and volunteer relations. As volunteer managers, we must ensure that everyone understands volunteering, not just volunteers themselves, and that roles and responsibilities for volunteer management are clearly defined and agreed with staff throughout the organisation.
After this session and working through your workbook (included in the course fee) you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of building positive staff and volunteer relations.
- Recognise the impact that staff and volunteer relations can have on the development of volunteering in your organisation.
- Take steps towards managing staff and volunteer relations effectively for your organisation.
- Create a supportive environment that recognises both staff and volunteers.
When will it run?
- Wednesday 24th January 2018, 10.00 - 16.15 in Stirling
The total cost for this 1 day course including lunch is:
- Organisations with an income of £100,000 or less per annum: £45 per person.
- Organisations with incomes between £100,000 and £500,000: £65 per person.
- Organisations with incomes over £500,000: £105 per person.
Individuals not connected to an organisation cost: £45 per person.
Want this training delivered in-house?
If you have five or more of your staff needing this type of training it may make more sense to have us come deliver it in-house for you. We can also tailor the course to suit your needs, providing sector specific examples where possible. For more information, check out our In-House Training page.
If you've attended this course please add your comments below: