Volunteer Impact Assessment Toolkit
More than ever organisations are required to demonstrate the impact made by volunteers.
The Volunteering Impact Assessment Toolkit provides practical guidance and support to help you quickly and effectively measure the impact of your volunteering.
Designed for any size of volunteer involving organisation, the guide helps you understand the impact of volunteering on your volunteers, staff, beneficiaries and the wider community. The toolkit contains a step-by-step guide and a range of tools and resources including questionnaires that will enable you to undertake your own evaluation and impact assessment.
Why Use the Toolkit?
The impact evidence generated by the Toolkit will enable you to:
- Demonstrate the impact of volunteering programmes to funders.
- Provide information to feed back to volunteers on the impact of their contribution.
- Help inform the development and improvement of your volunteering programmes.
- Provide evidence that can be used in funding applications.
- Demonstrate how evidencing the impact of your organisation can help attract new volunteers.
- Provide evidence to get more support and funding from management in your organisation.
- Present information to showcase the achievements of your volunteering programme.
- Motivate existing volunteers and staff.
Check out our detailed case studies (on the right) that illustrate how the Toolkit has been used in Scotland and the benefits derived by volunteer involving organisations.
How to Access the Toolkit?
The fully updated third edition of this toolkit is now available for purchase. Volunteer Scotland is the licensed provider of the toolkit in Scotland on behalf of the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO). The prices are:
- NCVO members - £42
- Non-members - £60
If you are based in Scotland please contact us and complete the form stating how many copies you require and your address and we will arrange dispatch and invoicing.
We've also developed our own free good practice guide to help you measure the impact of your volunteering programme.
Finally, you can check out our brand new one day training course Measuring the Impact of Volunteering that will help you plan how to measure the impact of and on your volunteers.