When We Need You
From 21/10/2017 to 31/03/2019
Do you want to create a better, more respectful digital world for children and young people? Are you perhaps -
• Excited about supporting others, especially in learning?
• Interested in engaging with businesses and supporting them to be more ethical around their activities in the digital world?
• Passionate about young people’s rights, and can be creative and innovative in raising awareness?
• Buzzing with ideas about how new tech can be developed with young people’s rights at heart?
• A budding event designer – and love gathering people to celebrate?
If it’s a yes from you to any of the above, and you are between 11 and 15 – join us in the 5Rights Youth Leadership Group!
After a 15-month investigation, the Young Scot 5Rights Youth Commission published their recommendations to the Scottish Government in May 2017, on how Scotland can realise children and young people’s rights in the digital world. We are now looking for 15 young people from all across Scotland to further develop and implement some of their original recommendations.
You will spend 12 months building the foundation for implementing some of the 5Rights Youth Commission’s recommendations, in five subgroups:
1. YOUNG DIGITAL CHAMPIONS PROGRAMME
We will be planning and delivering a pilot programme for the peer support element of the Young Digital Champions programme.
2. DIGITAL RIGHTS RESPECTING SCHOOLS AND BUSINESSES
We will look at potentially working with UNICEF to incorporate digital rights into the RRSA, and setting up the Digital Rights Respecting Businesses Award.
When you can do this
About Young Scot (Perth)
With over 30 years experience, Young Scot is the national youth information and citizenship charity for 11-25s in Scotland. We understand that every young person is different and provide a universal service which meets their ever-changes needs.
Young people are at the heart of everything we do and play a leading role in co-designing and shaping our services and those we work with.
Skills & Experience
• No formal qualification required!
• Interest in the issues surrounding young people, Scotland and your digital world
• Able to work within a group
• Have the flexibility, commitment and willingness to travel across Scotland throughout 2017-2018
Events will take place across the country. Travel can be pre booked or reimbursed as required. We can discuss this with you following your application.
Advocacy / Human Rights
Frequency & Commitment
No minimum commitment required.
Volunteers must be at least 11 years of age.
1003 - VO68834