When We Need You
Volunteer Retail Assistants will assist with the following tasks:
- To assist and serve customers, providing a service of the highest standard
- To assist in stock processing, including sorting, steaming, pricing and hanging of donated goods
- To be involved in cash handling and till operation
- To increase revenue through add-on sales at the till
- To assist the manager in ensuring stock and cash security
- To assist in keeping the store premises clean and tidy
- To assist and develop the volunteer team
-To promote public understanding of the work of the PDSA and the importance of raising funds through the store
- To partake in PDSA’s bag check programme and fully adhere to all aspects of the loss prevention policy
- To promote and apply the PDSA health & safety policy
Personal qualities required:
??Enjoy working in a team environment
??Enjoy working with the public
??Possess or would like to develop strong customer care skills
??Confident in handling cash
??Possess or would like to develop display & merchandising skills
??Strong communication skills
When you can do this
About Peoples Dispensary For Sick Animals (PDSA)
To raise funds for sick and injured animals (shop retail to raise funds for same)
Skills & Experience
No previous experience in shopwork is required for this opportunity.
This opportunity takes place at PDSA's Shop at 81 Main Street, Wishaw, ML2 7AB.
If volunteer is working the till they must be 18 or over. However, all other jobs such as stock rooms, floor staff there is no age restriction.
Charity Shops / Retail
Volunteers are provided with out of pocket expenses.
No Wheelchair Access
No Disabled Toilet
Frequency & Commitment
This opportunity takes place during PDSA Shop opening times, Monday-Saturday during the day.
No minimum age has been specified for this opportunity
1012 - VO32086