Inspiring Volunteer Awards 2017
10 March 2017
Is there an individual or even a group within your organisation that deserves an Inspiring Volunteer Award? Then why not consider nominating them. We want to recognise and celebrate as many volunteers as possible!
The Lord Provost of Edinburgh will honour some of the dedicated volunteers who give their time, energy and commitment to the people of Edinburgh at a special awards ceremony on Wednesday 7 June 2017 at The City Chambers.
Edinburgh’s Inspiring Volunteer Awards reflects the exceptional range of organisations and individuals working in the city’s vibrant charity and non-profit sectors.
Nominations are now open and can be submitted online here.
Organisations are able to nominate up to three individual volunteers and one team of volunteers.
Some lucky nominees will be invited to accept their award at the City Chambers, others will receive a certificate in the post.
All nominated volunteers will receive a certificate either in person or in the post.
Help us to promote the awards nominations with these graphics for social media and email and the url voled.in/2mGXnTv to this page :
Eligibility criteria for 2017
- The Awards are only open to people volunteering in the City of Edinburgh.
- There are no age restrictions.
- Volunteers must have volunteered for at least six months with your organisation before being eligible to be nominated.
- If they have previously received an "Inspiring Volunteer Certificate" at the City Chambers they should not be nominated again.
- Only fully completed nominations will be considered for individuals or teams, and we will quote from these statements when presenting the awards.
Shortlisted nominations will be considered by the Lord Provost for the ‘Lord Provost of Edinburgh's Inspiring Volunteer of the Year Award 2017’.
Special recognition categories to highlight some of the diverse areas of volunteering across the City of Edinburgh include:
- A Young Volunteer (aged between 11 and 25 years old).
- Long Standing Contribution to Volunteering Award (an individual who has volunteered for 10 years or more, and has made an outstanding contribution).
- Charity Shop Volunteer.
- Fundraising Volunteer.
- Trustee Volunteer.
- Health & Social Care Volunteer (volunteers engaged in health and social care, including support work, befriending or projects which reduce social isolation and help assist independent living).
- Sports Volunteer (volunteers actively involved in supporting sports in their communities).
- Environment & Conservation Volunteer (volunteers engaged in environmental activities including education, conservation or gardening).
- Arts, Culture & Heritage Volunteer.
- Housing / Tenant participation champion.
The Awards Ceremony takes place during Volunteers Week which runs every year from 1 to 7 June. Nominations will close on Monday, 27 March 2017 at 10pm.
We also encourage volunteer involving organisations to organise their own recognition events during Volunteers’ Week, whether that be their own mini awards ceremony, coffee morning, lunch or social activity that recognises and celebrates the contribution of their volunteers. It’s a great opportunity to do something to say thank you, and show your volunteers that they are valued and appreciated.
For more information please contact Lara Celini or Tyler Norrie at Volunteer Edinburgh by calling 0131 225 0630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the thunderclap here and visit the Volunteer Edinburgh website for more info.